We came to a consensus that we’d be perfectly content if this is the only thing we eat for the rest of our lives. Get ready because this veggie pad thai is for. the. win. Inspired by Minimalist Baker and enhanced by yours truly.
• About 2-3 large shredded carrots and/or rice noodles
• handfull of kale
• scrambled tofu
• turmeric, chili garlic sauce, coconut aminos
• red and green peppers, and onions
For the sauce
• almond butter + coconut aminos + chili garlic sauce (we like) Huy Fong Sauce Chili Garlic + coconut sugar
- Shred carrots so you get thick noodles. In the meantime, set rice noodles to cook if you are using those too.
- On a pan or cast iron skillet, add oil (we prefer avocado oil) and saute the peppers and onions
- When you get the tofu out of the container, wrap it in a cloth or paper towel and set a pan ontop to squeeze the water out as much as possible. Then break the tofu apart into bits (scramble it) and put it in a bowl. Add the turmeric, chili garlic sauce (for heat), and coconut aminos, and salt to the tofu bowl and mix. (add these seasonings to taste)
- Add this tofu scramble to the pan along with the carrot noodles and let it cook
- Add in the kale (or spinach, or any greens you have) to the pan
- Add the sauce to the pan and let it sizzle
- Add any toppings like cilantro, crushed peanuts, and a squeeze of lime
- Ready to serve and eat. Enjoy!