Cocoa+peanut butter tart
On a cold winter night (well… as cold as it can get in Texas), our boredom collided with an intense craving for peanutbutter and chocolate. Already in our slippers and sweatshirts, we threw our aprons on, rolled up our sleeves and got to work.
Work meaning throwing in all possible ingredients together into a foodprocesser hoping that the outcome would be something that would satisfy our tastebuds. And ooohh boy did it satisfy them.
We devoured it in like 30 seconds and had to re-trace our steps and figure out what we used as a recipe. So, behold, here is our finest Prickly Pear creation:
- 1/2 cup of peanuts
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup roasted cashews
- 1/2 cup roasted almonds
- 4 large-ish dates
- Nut or seed butter (we use PB for extra peanut flavor)
- 1/2 TBSP of flax seeds
- 1/2 TBSP of chia seeds
- 1 TBSP of peanutbutter (or you can try with another nut-butter)
- Dash of salt
- Dash of Cinnamon
- Splash of vanilla
- 3/4 cup peanuts
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1 TBSP cocoa powder (optional for extra chocolate flavor)
- Splash of vanilla
- Optional: fruit, coconut flakes or extra cocoa powder
- In a food processor, add all ingredients for the crust, making sure all dates are pitted. Pulse until it forms a ball or has sticky consistency. Transfer crust to a bowl and set aside.
- In the same food processor, add peanuts, chocolate chips, vanilla and optional cocoa powder. Process until it turns into a smooth butter consistency.
- On a circular plate, place a piece of bees wrap (or parchment paper) and place the crust on top. Form into a ball and press it down with your hands to form a circle about a 1/4 inch thick. Use your fingers to shape.
- With a spatula, add the chocolate peanut butter on top, making a slightly thinner layer than the crust.
- Finally, add any other optional toppings. Our favorite is any seasonal fruit!
- Place in the freezer for an hour
- Cut into 8 slices and enjoy! Store any leftovers in the fridge (but we doubt there will be any!)
PS. Pairs well with a dollop of coconut whipped cream or ice cream