Prickly Fave Muffins
- 1 cup of flour (I like using whole wheat and even mixing a little spelt but all-purpose also works)
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 1/2 cup of almond milk
- 3 tablespoons of nut butter (I like almond or peanut butter)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 medium banana, mashed or apple sauce equivalent to about one mashed banana
- About half a cup of blueberries (I tend to use frozen ones). You can also sub for peaches, strawberries, or even chocolate chips. Add nuts too like pecans or walnuts. Little magic trick is adding some ground coffee beans too depending on the flavors you want 🙂 Play around with different flavor combinations!
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a muffin
- Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon
- Stir in milk, nut butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and mashed banana (Or apple sauce). Stir until well combined and then gently fold in the blueberries or other fruit like figs, peaches, strawberries or shredded carrots.
- Add mixture to muffin trays
- Bake For 24-28 minutes or until golden brown
- Let them cool slightly then enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Food with Feeling