Da Best Pancakes
These are my go-to pancakes…especially after a November Project morning workout of Pancakes vs Waffles. This recipe makes about 2-3 pancakes for one person.
- 1/2 cup Spelt flour
- 3 tbsp Buckwheat
- 1/4 cup Oats
- 2 tbsp Cornmeal
- 2 tbsp Almond flour (optional for fluffiness)
- Flax egg (1/2 tbsp flax meal 1 tbsp water)
- Baking soda and baking powder (1/4 tsp each)
- Vanilla extract (1/4 tsp)
- Sprinkle of salt (I like pink Himalayan)
- Maca powder (optional)
- Nut milk (about 1/2 cup, you want the batter thick but not super thin)
- Maple syrup
- Add some toppings like fruit, hemp seeds, chia seeds, chocolate chips, shredded coconut, your favorite nut butter, walnuts, etc.
- First make the flax egg and let it sit until it gets thick
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl then add the nut milk and flax egg. Whisk.
- Add a little oil to a pan and get to flipping some pancakes!
- Don’t forget to add your toppings and drizzle with maple syrup (bonus if you warm up the syrup first…yum)
This is a recipe I adapted from a combination of Minimalist Baker and Scott Jurek pancakes.
Shoutout to Matt F. who requested this recipe 😉